NASA Education Workshop: Push the Envelope!
September 21-22, 2009
Register now! Space is limited.
Online Registration: http://www.scienceworksmuseum.org/Page.asp?NavID=207
Teachers are invited to participate in an education workshop facilitated by NASA education specialist Tony Leavitt. The eight hour / two evening worshop will cover a slice of NASA education with topics and inquiry/problem-based activities ranging from earth science, the solar system, lunar and Mars explorations and challenges. You will go away with more questions than answers, but isn’t that what education is all about? Come join us! please direct questions to Angela at 552-6332
Workshop Cost: $10
1 Graduate Credit is available for $55 (complete a registration form for ED 399 or ED 500)
Location: Southern Oregon University, Education/Psychology building, rm 150
Class size: Min 20 / Max 45
1. Educators will explain how two new things they learned in the Exploration Experience trailer visit relate to their curriculum.
2. Participants will analyze and report on 3 online NASA education resources.
3. Educators will critique the inquiry lessons presented and discuss classroom challenges they foresee in each.
4. Each educator will create an outline of one NASA lesson to be facilitated in his/her classroom.
5. Participants will assess the SOU/NASA workshop in a one page reflection piece.