NASA has introduced four new educational games geared toward students in grades K-8.
Build Your Own Space Mission – Grades K-2
In this interactive game, students choose a scientist, laboratory, spacecraft and destination as they design their own space mission. After packing the spacecraft into a rocket, they watch it blast off to their destination of choice.
Astro-Matic 3000 – Grades K-8
Use the Astro-Matic 3000 to learn how much you would weigh or how old you would be if you lived on another planet. Students also learn facts about each planet.
Astro-Matic 3000 supports the following national education standards and benchmarks:
• National Science Education Standards: Objects in the sky.
• National Science Education Standards: Earth in the solar system.
• National Council of Teachers of Mathematics standard: Recognize the attributes of length, volume, weight, area and time.
Let’s Fly Away Airplane Dodecahedron – Grades K-8
In the interactive version, students click and drag the dodecahedron to see NASA aircraft. They also can read about the aircraft and print full color pictures or a coloring page. In the Build Your Own activity, students print, color and construct their own dodecahedron featuring 12 different NASA aircraft.
Let’s Fly Away supports the following national education standards:
• National Council of Teachers of Mathematics: Identify, compare and analyze attributes of two- and three-dimensional shapes and develop vocabulary to describe the attributes.
• National Council of Teachers of Mathematics: Describe attributes and parts of two- and three-dimensional shapes.
• National Science Education Standards: Science as a human endeavor.
Interactive Dodecahedron http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forkids/kidsclub/flash/clubhouse/Lets_Fly_Away.html
Build Your Own Dodecahedron http://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/topnav/materials/listbytype/Lets_Fly_Away.html
Put It Together Puzzle – Grades K-6
In this interactive online game, students build online puzzles of NASA pictures.
Put It Together supports the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics standard:
• Understand patterns, relations and functions.