John Ensworth at the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies and the NASA Science Mission Directorate invite you to attend an upcoming online professional development workshop.
Topic: Enrichment Problems in Space and Earth Science XX
In the twentieth bi-monthly installment of these mission- and inquiry-oriented mathematics problems, Dr. Sten Odenwald will supply background for and lead participants through problems from his “Problems in Space and Earth Science” series. The goal of these problems is to teach students about space weather by using mathematics. Each problem begins with real world questions, missions and situations, and applies the necessary mathematics for a solution. Participants may ask questions and work along in this fully interactive Webinar environment. http://spacemath.gsfc.nasa.gov
Date: Friday, April 30, 2010
Time: 3:00 p.m., EDT (Greenwich Mean Time -04:00, New York)
You will need a computer, a good internet connection and a telephone to participate.
Participants must first register for this meeting. There is no cost for this event.
Note: Only the first 150 registrants will be accepted. Register ASAP!
If this meeting is full, you will receive an e-mail that reads:
“Your registration for this meeting is denied.”
In that case, we ask you to please join us in the next workshop!
If you do miss this event, we will send you the link to a video archive of the workshop so you will still be able to benefit from the exercises.
Please join the meeting 10-15 minutes before start to make sure your computer is prepared to run the Webex software. You may also pre-install the Webex plug-in following the instructions at the bottom of this e-mail.
Where to register for this meeting
1. Go to https://nasa.webex.com/nasa/j.php?ED=132555852&RG=1&UID=0&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D.
2. Register for the meeting.
Once the host approves your request, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with instructions for joining the meeting.
Closed Captioning is available during the Webinar. A link to this will be provided closer to meeting time.
1. Go to https://nasa.webex.com/nasa/mc
2. Click “Assistance”.
3. Click “Support”.
For more information, contact John Ensworth by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 703-312-0563.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, do not join the session. This video and earlier product videos will be available via a Web-based archive tool will soon be located at: http://www.strategies.org/education/index.aspx?sub=education&sub2=professional
To check the setup of your computer and pre-install the plug-in software, use the following links:
WebEx will automatically setup Meeting Manager for Windows the first time you join a meeting. To save time, you can setup prior to the meeting by clicking this link:
The host requests that you check for compatibility of rich media players for Universal Communications Format (UCF) before you join the session. UCF allows you to view multimedia during the session. To check now, click the following link:
Meeting Manager for Microsoft® Windows® – MSI Installer
- Meeting Center automatically downloads, installs and configures Meeting Manager for Windows the first time you start or join a meeting. However, you may choose to download and run the Meeting Manager Installer before starting or joining a meeting. You must have administrator privileges on your computer to use this installer.
- Download Meeting Manager Installer for Internet Explorer https://nasa.webex.com/client/T25L/atmcie.msi
- Download Meeting Manager Installer for Mozilla Firefox/Netscape Navigator https://nasa.webex.com/client/T25L/atmcns.msi
Meeting Manager for Mac® OS X (PowerPC)
- Meeting Manager for Mac OS X (PowerPC) is set up automatically the first time you start or join a meeting. The Installer for Mac OS X (PowerPC) can be used to manually install or uninstall Meeting Manager for Mac OS X (PowerPC).
- Download Meeting Manager Installer for Mac OS X (PowerPC) https://nasa.webex.com/client/T25L/mac/powerpc/webexinstaller.hqx