Women in Aerospace (WIA) Foundation 2010-2011 Scholarships are designed to encourage young women interested in a career in the aerospace field to pursue higher education degrees in engineering, science or math.
One award of $1000 will be given to a rising junior or senior in college, to be applied to the 2010-2011 academic year.
April 1, 2010: Announcement released
June 30, 2010: Applications due
September 15, 2010: Scholarship recipient notified
October 26, 2010: Scholarship recipient honored at WIA Awards Banquet in the Washington, DC area (Travel funds will be provided for the awardee to attend the banquet).
• Must have a minimum college grade point average (GPA) of not less than the equivalent of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
• Must have completed at least two academic years of full-time college work and must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States or its territories, working towards a bachelors degree, and plan to continue to be enrolled in the subsequent academic year.
• Must be interested in pursuing a career in the aerospace field.
• Must be entering either junior or senior year. Sophomores and juniors who receive one scholarship are not restricted from applying in subsequent years.
• Must be female, of any citizenship or nationality.
• College transcripts from all universities or colleges attended. Unofficial copies of transcripts are acceptable.
• Two letters of recommendation, at least one from a professor or supervisor. Recommendations from relatives will not be accepted.
• A maximum 1000 word essay on why the applicant is interested in aerospace, what she wants to accomplish in her career, and why she deserves the scholarship.
Application Submission Process
One hard (paper) copy with the above application materials to be mailed to:
Women in Aerospace Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Selection Committee
204 E Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
Applications must be received by June 30, 2010. Recommendation forms and transcripts may be mailed separately, if necessary, but must be received by this deadline. Questions about the application can be directed to the WIA Foundation at 202-547-0229 or email@example.com
Download the full application at the following link: