Engineer your dream job! Your adventure begins in Spring 2011 with an online community and culminates with a summer experience at NASA Johnson Space Center in Summer 2011. Collaborate with girls from across the country and female NASA engineers and interns. Get ready to start your dream! For specific project information, visit http://wish.spacegrant.org . Deadline: March 14, 2011.
EXPLORE YOUR DREAM JOB.
NASA wants you to become the engineers, scientists, researchers and innovators of tomorrow. The WISH project offers a one-of-a-kind experience for female high school students like you to jump start your future and explore the possibilities of a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related major or career.
FIND YOUR DREAM JOB.
WISH wants female high school juniors from across the country to participate in our pilot project! Your adventure starts in Fall 2011 with an online community and culminates with a summer experience at NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC) in Summer 2011. Applicants need to be:
* U.S. citizens
* Female high school juniors
* Interested and excited about STEM
* Committed to a one-year relationship with JSC; and
* Have access to the Internet and email (at home, school or public library)
CREATE YOUR DREAM JOB.
* Participate in an online community including chat sessions with subject matter experts
* Complete online lessons covering past, present and future space exploration
* Research about leading female STEM professionals
* Attend the summer experience with selection based on application, participation in online activities and research, at no cost to you
THE SUMMER EXPERIENCE.
* Collaborate with girls from across the country on a unique design project during the summer experience at JSC
* Work with NASA JSC engineers and co-ops/interns on the project
* Present your mission to NASA personnel and community leaders
START YOUR DREAM JOB HERE.
To participate in this NASA experience, email JSC-NHAS@mail.nasa.gov, or visit http://www.nasa.gov/education/wish