Astrobiology Program Travel Awards
The Astrobiology Program Travel Awards Program offers research-related travel support for undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. Applicants are encouraged to use these resources to circulate among two or more laboratories supported by the NASA Astrobiology Program (ASTEP,ASTID, Exobiology and Evolutionary Biology or the NAI), however any travel that is critical for the applicant’s research will be considered.
Travelers must be formally affiliated with a U.S. institution. Requests are limited to $5,000, and are accepted with deadlines of April 1 and October 1.
How to Apply:
To be considered for an Astrobiology Program Travel Award, please submit the following material to Melissa Kirven-Brooks <Melissa.Kirven-Brooks at nasa.gov>
- the team(s) and researchers you plan to visit
- the approximate dates of travel
- a brief description of the research you plan to conduct at the hosting laboratory (include, for example, any technique you expect to learn, or equipment you will need to use) and how the collaboration is relevant to your research
- a budget describing what funds are required, and
- letters of recommendation from your faculty advisor and from the researcher(s) you plan to visit
Visit the program website for details: http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/nai/funding/astrobiology-program-travel-awards